Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is an online citation management tool that allows you to collect, store, and manage your scholarly references.
With RefWorks, you can:
- create your own database of references
- export references from article databases and from the Web
- generate in-text citations and bibliographies
See the box below for information on how to create your own RefWorks account!
Getting Started with RefWorks
Creating an Account:
- Go to RefWorks.
- Click on "Sign up for a New Account" along the bottom of the login box.
- Put in the group code RWFrontierNU and click the "Find Institution" button.
- Fill out the remaining boxes (be sure to use your Frontier email address) and click the "Next" button.
- Input the information requested and click "Create Account."
- You will now be logged in to your new account.
NOTE: A confirmation email will be sent to you from RefWorks.
Additional Resources for Help with RefWorks
If you would like personalized help with RefWorks, you can request an appointment with one of the librarians at firstname.lastname@example.org. Individual and group appointments are available.