Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Clinical Bound Students
Attention Clinical Bound students:
Information about the clinical reference apps that Frontier provides for use during your clinical rotation can be found in the Mobile Resources for Clinical guide, which is linked below and is also included in CB101. You will want to review this information prior to attending Clinical Bound.
Clinical Apps provided by FNU
Instructions for DynaMed mobile app
Note: It may be easier to complete steps 1-4 from a computer.
- Go to https://www-dynamed-com.frontier.idm.oclc.org to access the web version of DynaMed. You will need to login to the FNU portal, if you haven't already.
- Click "Sign in" (in the upper right) to begin the registration process.
- Click "Register now."
- Complete the form and click "Register."
- Once the account is created, you will need to sign in. You should see your name below the University's name in the upper right hand corner.
- Download the DynaMed app to your device from the Apple App store or Google Play store.
- Open the DynaMed app and choose the "Sign In" method of authentication. Then sign in with the account information you created in Step 3.
- Choose an installation option:
- Online Only: Use the app only while connected to the internet.
- Partial Install: Store text and image thumbnails on your device. Full images are available when you are connected to the internet. This option helps you save space on your device.
- Full Install: Store all DynaMed content on your device. You do not need to be connected to the internet to access content on the app.
- You will stay logged in to the app for six months. After that time, you will need to reenter your account credentials (email address and password).
- After one year, you will need to login to your account on the DynaMed website (using the link on the library homepage) in order to continue using the app.
- You can use your account credentials to login to the app on up to three devices.
More information on DynaMed:
Lists of Apps for Healthcare Professionals
Reference and Reading Apps
What is BrowZine?
BrowZine is an app that brings recent issues of scholarly journals to your mobile device for browsing and reading. As the name suggests, it is designed for browsing, and is not focused on searching. You might think of it like the reading area of a library, where current journals are displayed.
What isn't BrowZine?
BrowZine is not designed for in-depth research or searching. If that is what you need to do, we recommend using one of the library databases. Frequently used databases are listed on the Library homepage.
Instructions for Sanford Guide Collection mobile app
- Go to Sanford Guide to begin the registration process.
- Fill in your Frontier email address in the box provided and click the "Start Registration" button.
- Check your Frontier email for a message from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not see the email, please check your spam or junk folder. You will be asked to verify your name and create a password.
- Download the app that has the red and white icon. (See image below) Use your email and password that you just created to log into the app.